This holiday season I have been peeling over ideas for how to save time and money while shopping for friends and family. We are all in the same boat, I know I’m not alone in this. I struggle between choosing something practical and potentially boring, or extravagant and potentially useless. After coming up with a brain full of duds (no, I do not have the time or energy to knit 15 different scarves), it hit me—Elate Moisturize. Of course everyone needs a quality moisturizer daily, but what I’ve discovered over the months I’ve used Elate Moisturize is that it has way more than just one use. Giving both a thoughtful and functional gift to loved ones this year is something anyone can feel good about!
Here is a list of 5 unique, alternate uses for Elate Moisturize tried and approved by yours truly!*
- Conditioning Hair Treatment – With all that nourishing Virgin Shea Butter and Argan Oil, this is a no brainer. Simply apply approximately 1 tsp of Elate Moisturize (less of or more depending on your length and texture) to clean, dry hair beginning at the tips and working up toward the scalp. Gently twist into a bun or tuck into a cap and leave on until your next shower; I’ve slept in it and seen great results, but even an hour or two will do some magic! Repeat up to weekly to help restore moisture, strengthen the cuticle and reduce breakage.
- lip balm – My name is Rachael and I’m a lip balm-aholic. My fiancé regularly pokes fun at my addiction as I frantically search through my purse or our home for my stashes of lip balms. That’s actually how I discovered that Elate Moisturize is pretty fantastic as an all-natural lip protectant! Because the ingredients are all safe and smell great, I use it often, especially throughout the dry winter months. Use your index finger to collect just a dab of the product and smooth on to your lips. It helps seal in moisture, protect and heal splitting or cracking!
- DIY Face Masque – Learn how we made a super moisturizing masque for facials here. On the link you can also print a fun tag with the recipe so gifting it out is a snap!
- Beard/Mustache Tamer – No-Shave-November has left the men in my life with more facial hair than Chewbacca; I love Star Wars and beards as much as the next girl, but they are looking a bit gnarly. Elate Moisturize is the perfect product to help tame those beasts! Just as it helps to condition and soften the hair on your head, let it work its magic on the coarse, wiry texture of male facial hair! I elected the fiancé to be my guinea pig for this one, as I am beard-less, and I will say I’m kind of floored at how soft the results were after just one application! Apply a small pea-sized amount to fingers and work through desired hair after a grooming session and leave it in! Not only does it condition, but it also provides a small amount of hold and control!
- Diaper cream – The following may be TMI—but we’re all friends here, right? I can honestly say that the best ideas come out of desperation. My infant daughter’s her poor little butt cheeks were practically raw from the constant wiping and changing. I tried I changed brands, tried the sensitive, all-natural and hypo-allergenic form of wipes, diapers and creams. I even switched out the changing pad covers thinking it would help—but! Nothing was working. I had already been using a small amount of Elate Moisturize on her body and chin (drool rash, ugh!) to help heal her scaly skin after baths and it was working great. And then it hit me—Moisturize as DIAPER CREAM. It’s organic. It’s vegan. It’s practically edible. I’ve seen its healing powers first hand. Within 3 days of consistent use I saw her rash and irritation fade to nothing. I was ELATED. (You see what I did there? Elated. Elate. Get it?)
*Please note that results are individual and vary. Elate Moisturize does contain small amounts of citrus and hardwood extracts, so please be aware that allergic reactions are a possibility. As when introducing any new product into your life, we suggest that you do a test on yourself and/or children in a small inconspicuous area before using in full capacity. Also, this product is not intended for internal use, so do not apply to the mucus membranes, adults and babies alike!